End of year wrap up
1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
Took up smoking. I didn't last long at it though, and only did it sporadically to begin with.
2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Didn't make any last year, not making any this year
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, my father's partner Linda. I have a beautiful baby sister.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
What, it's a given that I got to travel overseas. I wish!
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Fun and happiness.
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I guess the first of November, being the day I FINALLY left Mr Arsehole
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting out of a horrible, emotionally abusive, five year long relationship.
9. What was your biggest failure?
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Apart from a coupla nasty viruses, nope
11. What was the best thing you bought? (or was bought for you)
My beautiful shiny purple ipod nano.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
My mum's, hands down
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
The Arsehole and the Bitch
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
I can't remember getting excited about anything. Maybe that can be a resolution for 2009, do more exciting things.
16. What songs will always remind you of 2008?
Viva La Vida by Coldplay, or Handlebars by Flobots which I can't believe I love, or Chelsea Dagger by The Fratellis which I can't believe I only discovered this year.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i) ...happier or sadder?
ii) thinner or fatter?
Hopefully a little bit thinner due to the gym-going the past month. This shall improve, another New Year's Resolution I guess. Continue gymming and riding and be a fit thang.
iii) richer or poorer?
About the same.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
22. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Nooooooooooo, no no nononono
23. How many one night stands?
None, dammit. Shoulda...
24. What were your favourite TV programmes?
Life on Mars, Psych, and all my usual fave Britcoms.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Yes. The Arsehole and the Bitch. I loathe them. I've never loathed anyone before. It's a new experience.
26. What was the best book you read?
Oh. Oh come on, how can I answer that? I actually quite loved Tipping the Velvet by Sarah Waters. Loved Mrs Dalloway by Virginia Woolf. The Robber Bride by Margaret Atwood and True History of the Kelly Gang by Peter Carey were also good.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
That feckin' Chelsea Dagger song!
28. What did you want and get?
The strength to leave the Arsehole.
29. What did you want and not get?
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
I didn't really see many films this year. Must make another resolution.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Turned 25, I went out to dinner with the Arsehole, feeling like an emotional wreck as I had recently found out about the Bitch and didn't know what to do. Worst. Birthday. EVA.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Purple tights. My wardrobe revolved around them in winter.
34. What kept you sane?
I don't think I was sane.
35.Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Yeah, I was rather self-involved this past year...
37. Who did you miss?
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Can I say my my sister? If not, probably Natalie at work, sweetest person in the world.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008:
It's actually possible, and not as hard as you think it's gonna be.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
You got those crazy blue eyes
Yeah you got those crazy blues
All those pretty smiles
I can see them laughing at you
Your time is gonna come
Your time is gonna come
I don't want to be your punching bag
Your complacent little princess
All tragic and sad
I'm not going to let you
Overwhelm me anymore
No, not anymore
Yeah you say you got this bad thing
Yeah you say you got it bad
You have broken every heart
Of every friend you've ever had
Someday the time is going to come
When all your friends just go away
I wonder why I stick around
Sometimes I wish you would leave
You'll say you'll love me forever
Then you spit on me
You time is going to come
I swear your time is going to come
I don't want to be your whipping boy
Your pathetic little loser
Someone you can ignore
I'm not going to let you overwhelm me anymore
41. What was your favourite moment of the year?
It being over?
42. What was your least favourite moment of the year?
Well, there are so many, but the worst may have been when I found out everyone at work knew about Arsehole and Bitch and I felt humiliated. Or the actual moment I left Arsehole. Or when I found out about them. Oh, all of it...
43. Where were you when 2008 began?
At the wine bar in Croydon.
44. Who were you with?
45. Where will you be when 2008 ends?
Asleep in bed!
46. Who will you be with when 2008 ends?
47. What was your favourite month of 2008?
December I suppose. Being independent and away and feeling better than I have for ages.
48. Did you drink a lot of alcohol in 2008?
Yes. Often for bad reasons, like misery or desperation for sleep.
49. Did you do a lot of drugs in 2008?
Only panadol. And the odd sleeping tablet.
50. How many people did you sleep with in 2008?
Just the one. Dammit.
51. Did you do anything you are ashamed of this year?
Ashamed, dunno. Yeah, going back to the Arsehole after knowing what he did. But, I don't know what else I could have done at that time, I truthfully had nowhere to go and no support system and I was worried about the dog.
52. What was the worst lie someone told you in 2008?
I love you.
53. Did you treat somebody badly in 2008?
No, I was far far far too nice. I need to treat people more badly when they deserve it. I can't believe I tried to be so nice and friendly and forgiving with everyone.
54. Did somebody treat you badly in 2008?
To the power of a million.
56. How much money did you spend in 2008?
Who can answer that question?
57. If you could go back in time to any moment of 2008 and change something, what would it be?
Don't know. I really don't.
58. What are your plans for 2009?
Do what I want, and only what I want, have fun, stress less, maybe find a decent person who will treat me well. Have a better life.